How To Properly Check Your Air Ducts
If you have this system in your home, then it’s important to maintain it. By maintaining this system, you’re ensuring that there are no leaks or other issues that could affect the airflow of the entire house. And without proper airflow throughout your house, that means that everyone suffers from blowing hot air during summer and freezing cold air during winter! Plus, an air conditioning system with low airflow can also lead to the growth of mold, which is harmful for your family’s health.
To prevent these issues from happening, make sure to regularly check on your AC unit by following these steps:
- Make sure you turn off power at circuit breaker before checking any AC components. If electricity still flows even when turned off, always assume that the system is live and dangerous.
- Check if the air filter needs to be replaced by grabbing it through its frame and tugging. If you feel resistance, then leave it alone. If it moves freely, then that means that you need a new air filter for your AC unit.
- Next, check the condenser coils by gently bending them a bit forward and backward in a twisting motion while applying pressure. If you feel any sort of sticking or tightness in the area, then there might be trapped debris in between these coils which can affect airflow during operation.
How Important It Is To Hire Air Duct Cleaning Professionals
If you have a central air-conditioning or heating system at home, then you know that it can be difficult to maintain. Each year it is the job of the homeowner to make sure that their air ducts are cleaned and inspected in order to ensure that they work effectively throughout the year. Many people find this frustrating because they don’t want to spend the extra time involved in cleaning their own air ducts so instead they opt to hire someone else who will get the job done for them.
However, hiring a professional isn’t always as easy as walking into a company and asking for their best rate on an inspection. You need to do your homework first by researching what each local business has to offer you and whether or not they are the right fit for the job.
When you’re ready to hire a contractor, make sure that you ask them each of these questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of experience do your technicians have?
- Will I need to be present while my air ducts are being cleaned?
Be sure to get answers to each question and if the company doesn’t want to offer answers such as their length of time in business, number of employees at their location, and what areas they service then it may be possible that they aren’t confident enough in their work performance or customer services.
Should You Clean or Replace Your Air Ducts?
We get a lot of questions about whether to clean air ducts and one of the most frequent questions we get is: “If I clean my air ducts, should I replace them too?”
While there are some dirt and dust particles in your house that you cannot see or feel, they do not necessarily pose a problem for your home’s health. Despite what many people think, just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s dirty. It means that if you want to reduce how frequently you need costly professional HVAC maintenance, then regular cleaning is an excellent step toward uncovering potential problems before they become expensive ones.
But, if you do find that there is a problem which requires the replacement of your air ducts, it’s best to install new ones rather than clean them. Replacing your air ducts can improve the indoor air quality in your home and save you money by preventing future HVAC issues from arising.